Activity: Trekking Camp
Duration: 18 Days
Grading: ModerateThis category of trekking requires basic outdoor experience and a certain degree of physical aptitude. If you are physically fit and are the kind of person who enjoys the outdoors, age is not going to be an issue. The trek in this category entails an experienced camping crew who handle all logistical issues. All you have to do is enjoy the adventure and wilderness while the gritty details are worked out by our professional crew.
Altitude: Up to 5,500m
Route: Lukla – Namche – Gokyori – Lobuche – Kalapathar – Lukla
Season: Spring and autumn
Departure Date: 5th April 2017, 11th October 2017
The Gokyo Everest trek passes through Namche Bazaar, the gateway to Mt. Everest and the trading hub of the Khumbu region and other villages such as Machhermo, Gokyo and Dole. Gokyo, a tiny village that lies at the foot of the Gokyo Ri peak is one of the highest human settlement in the world. The trek also includes a hike to the Gokyo Ri peak (5360m) from where you have the majestic view of five 8000+ peaks: Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga and Cho oyu. You will also reach the word’s highest freshwater lake system with six turquoise lakes.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for trekking preparations.
- Day 03- Kathmandu to Lukla(2,840m) by plane, same day trek to Phakding(2,610m).
- Day 04- Trek to Namche Bazar(3,440m).
- Day 05- Rest day, explore Namche bazar.
- Day 06- Trek to Khumjung(3,790m).
- Day 07- Trek to Dole(4,110m).
- Day 08- Trek to Machermo(4,410m).
- Day 09- Trek to Gokyo(4,790m).
- Day 10- Hike to Gokyo ri(5,360m), back to Gokyo.
- Day 11- Trek to Thagnag(4,700m)
- Day 12- Trek to Cho la (4,665m).
- Day 13- Trek to Dzonglha(4,830m).
- Day 14- Trek to Lobuche(4,910m).
- Day 15- Trek to Gorak shep(5,140m).
- Day 16- Trek to Everest base camp back to Gorak shep.
- Day 17- Climb up Kala patthar(5,550m), trek to Pheriche(4,240m).
- Day 18- Trek to Namche.
- Day 19- Trek back to Lukla.
- Day 20- Fly back Kathmandu.
- Day 21- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 22- Fly back home.
- Full board lodge to lodge service for whole trekking period.
- Guide and required porters.
- Guide and porters’ insurance.
- Trekking permit and national park fee.
- Domestic flight as in itinerary+ airport tax.
- Hotel reservation.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- First aid kit.
- For 04 pax Euro 1,400 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 1,350 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 1,300 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 1,250 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 1,200 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 1,150 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverages.
- Personal trekking and climbing gears.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Staff tips.