Ice Col-West Col-Amphulapcha
Duration: 24 Days
Grading:: AdventurousThis category of trekking requires strong physique, lot of outdoor experience and a taste for extreme adventures. You have to be physically and psychologically prepared to survive in an extreme environment under pressure. All the trips are high pass treks of over 5000 meters and peak climbs over 6000 meters. We will do our utmost to ensure that you will progress through challenging conditions without any physical or mental stress.
Altitude: Up to 5,700 m.
Route: Tumlingtar – Num – Tashi gaon – Khongma – Yangla kharka – Makalu bc – Baruntse bc – High camp – Amphulapcha high camp – Chhukung – Namche bazar – Lukla – Kathmandu.
Season: Spring and autumn
Departure Date: April 2017
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedures and other preparations.
- Day 03- Fly to Tumlingtar.(410m)
- Day 04- Drive by jeep to Num.(1,560m)
- Day 05- Trek to Seduwa.(1,500m)
- Day 06- Trek to Tashi gaun.(2,100m)
- Day 07- Trek to Khongma danda.(3,500m)
- Day 08- Rest day at Khongma.
- Day 09- Trek to Dobate.(3,520m)
- Day 10- Trek to Yangla kharka.(3,557m)
- Day 11- Trek to Langmale Kharka.(4,410m)
- Day 12- Rest day at Yangmale Kharka.
- Day 13- Trek to Makalu base camp.(4,870m)
- Day 14,15 and 16- Rest day to acclimatize, explore around and prepare for next day trek.
- Day 17- Trek to Baruntse base camp(5,200m)
- Day 18- Trek to High camp.(5,700m)
- Day 19- Rest day for acclimatisation and to fix rope.
- Day 20- Trek to Baruntse base camp via Sherpani col and west col.(5,640m)
- Day 21- Trek to Amphulapcha high camp.(5,480m)
- Day 22- Rest day at Amphulapcha high camp.
- Day 23- Trek to Chhukung.(4,730m)
- Day 24- Trek to Phortse.(3,750m)
- Day 25- Trek to Namche bazar.(3,440m)
- Day 26- Trek to Lukla.(2,800m)
- Day 27- Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 28- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 29- Fly back home.