Booking Terms and Conditions
Please review the terms and conditions of Iceland Trekking & Expeditions thoroughly. If you agree to these terms and have your own trip idea that doesn’t fall into a prohibited category, we are more than happy to hear you out.
Trekking, walking, climbing, mountaineering in remote parts of the country carry inherent risks of injury and at extreme cases death due to factors beyond the company’s control. The company will do all in its power to reduce any risks and hazards, but the clients must acknowledge that accidents caused outside the company’s control is not its responsibility.
Please read the following booking conditions very carefully:
- All bookings are made with Iceland Trekking Expedition, Registered Company Number 2898/051/052 (here in after referred to as The Company) whose registered office is located in Aarubari, Jorpati-7 Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The term “trip” used in this web site and booking conditions refer to all itineraries described on this website including those which might otherwise be known as walking, tours, treks, trips, sightseeing, mountaineering, expeditions or holidays.
- A non-refundable booking deposit of 20% of the total amount is required for every trip booking per person. Booking deposit can be made by bank transfer or by Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard), the information has been provided while proceeding this booking form.
- The Due balance will be made up on your arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal. If final payment is not received 2 days before your departure, cancellation conditions will apply as per the clause below. Final trip documentation will be released upon full trip payment.
- If payment is made by credit card, a 3.3% charge will be added to the amount (this applies to all payments; deposits, final balances, trip extension and miscellaneous purchases.) This charge is imposed by the credit card payment service provider and is used, in part, to provide consumer protection for services purchased, in accordance with the terms and conditions pertaining to the credit card being used.
- If you cancel your trip 15 days before trip depart, 90% of the total cost will be the cancellation charge.
- If you cancel your trip 30 days before departure, the cancellation charge is 75%.
- If you cancel your trip 45 days before departure, you will lose 50% of the deposit.
- No refunds will be made if you voluntarily leave a trip for any reason after the trip has begun. Refunds will be at the discretion of Iceland Trekking & Expedition if you are involuntarily forced to leave a trip for any reason.
- No refunds will be made for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services not utilized.
- Iceland Trekking Expedition reserves the right to cancel any trip you booked before it is guaranteed to run. A trip is guaranteed to run, once it has fully paid travelers.
- If Iceland Trekking Expedition cancels a departure which is guaranteed to run it will refund the trip price, or you are entitled to take an alternative trip of the same value without charge. A provision to this Iceland Trekking Expedition reserves the right to cancel any trip, including a guaranteed trip, prior to departure due to reasons beyond its’ control (i.e.: natural disasters, flight cancel, consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences ). In such a case, Iceland Trekking Expedition will refund the trip price you paid