Activity: Trekking & Tour
Duration: 26 Days
Season: Autumn and spring
Departure Date: 22nd April 2018,14th September 2018
Mt. Kailash is situated in Tibet, and is sacred in four religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Bon. Mt. Kailash is believed to the home of the mythical Hindu God Shiva and his divine consort Goddess Parvati. The mountain is the source of some of the longest rivers in Asia: the Indus River, the Brahmaputra river, the Sutlej River and the Karnali River (tributary of the Ganges). The emerald green and serene Manasarovar Lake is situated 30 km away from Mt. Kailash. The two of them together are important pilgrimage sites for Indian, Nepali and Tibetan pilgrims. The pilgrims attempt a 53km circular path around Mt. Kailash (called Kora) and a 90km circular path around Mansarovar Lake.
- Day 01- Arrive to Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official and other preparations.
- Day 03- Fly to Nepalgunj, overnight hotel.
- Day 04- Fly to Simikot.
- Day 05- Trek to Darapori.
- Day 06- Trek to Salli khola.
- Day 07- Trek to Tumkot.
- Day 08- Trek to Thado dhunga.
- Day 09- Trek to Sher over Nara la pass(4,450m) and drive to Purang, overnight guest house.
- Day 10- Drive to Thogu monastery, mansarover lake.
- Day 11- Trek to Gosul monastery, mansarover lake.
- Day 12- Drive to Darchen, overnight guest house.
- Day 13- Trek to Dirapuk monastery, overnight camp.
- Day 14- Trek to Khando Sanglham over Dolma la pass(5,630m) overnight camp.
- Day 15- Trek to Darchen Zuthulphuk, drive lake, overnight camp.
- Day 16- Drive to Paryang, overnight camp.
- Day 17- Drive to Saga, overnight camp.
- Day 18- Drive to Lhatse, overnight hotel.
- Day 19- Drive to Shigatse, overnight hotel.
- Day 20- Drive to Gyantse, overnight hotel.
- Day 21- Drive to Lhasa via Yamdrok lake, overnight hotel.
- Day 22- Explore Potala, Norbulinka and Jokhang, overnight hotel.
- Day 23- Explore Depong and Sera monastery, overnight hotel.
- Day 24- Fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 25- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 26- Fly back home.
- Full board service as in the itinerary.
- Flight from Kathmandu – Nepalgunj – Simikot.
- Flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu.
- Porters or mules as in the itinerary.
- Hotel in Nepalgunj, full board.
- Land cruiser for members, trucks for staff and luggage.
- English speaking guide.
- Upper Humla trek permit.
- Chinese visa fee.
- Tibet alien travel permit.
- Monasteries entrance fee.
- Hotel or guest house on twin sharing basis with bed and breakfast.
- Yaks and yak man.
Please fill the form below for cost inquiry of this trip
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kinds of beverages.
- Clients’ insurance.
- Photography charges.
- Excess baggage.
- Airport tax.
- Staff tips.