Duration: 26 Days
Grading:: AdventurousThis category of trekking requires strong physique, lot of outdoor experience and a taste for extreme adventures. You have to be physically and psychologically prepared to survive in an extreme environment under pressure. All the trips are high pass treks of over 5000 meters and peak climbs over 6000 meters. We will do our utmost to ensure that you will progress through challenging conditions without any physical or mental stress.
Altitude: up to 4,790 m
Route: Taplejung-Sakarthun-Gunsa-Khambachen-Kanchenjunga BC-Oktang-Yamphuding-Sinam
Season: Spring and autumn
Departure Date: 11th April 2017
Kanchenjunga is the world’s third highest mountain at a height of 8586m, located in the Eastern part of Nepal. Four glaciers radiate from the peak, pointing roughly to the north-east, south-east, north-west and south-west. It is surrounded by the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area that keeps the wilderness and natural beauty of the region protected and untouched. This region is the habitat for rare species such as the majestic Snow Leopard, the reclusive Himalayan Black Bear, the Blue Sheep, the Musk Deer and the Assamese Macaque to name a few. Some of the richest rhododendron forests are found here, where there are over 2000 species of flowering plants recorded and many new species still being discovered.
Local habitations are few and scattered, but the locals that you meet will give you a fascinating insight on the existing cultural diversity in Nepal. They are friendly, hospitable people and are always willing to help trekkers that pass their way.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official and other preparations.
- Day 03- Kathmandu to Bhadrapur by air and drive to Phidim.
- Day 04- Drive to Taplejung.
- Day 05- Trek to Mitlung(921m).
- Day 06- Trek to Chiruwa(1,270m).
- Day 07- Trek to Sakarthum(1,640m).
- Day 08- Trek to Amjilasa(2,490m).h
- Day 09- Trek to Gyabla(2,730m).
- Day 10- Trek to Gunsa(3,595m).
- Day 11- Rest day.
- Day 12- Trek to Khambachen(4,050m).
- Day 13- Rest for acclimatization.
- Day 14- Trek to Lhonak(4,790m).
- Day 15- Explore Kanchunjunga base camp.
- Day 16- Trek back to Khambachen.
- Day 17- Trek to Gunsa.
- Day 18- Trek to Lumbasamba(4,210m) or trek over Sele la(4,290m).
- Day 19- Trek to Ramche(4,610m).
- Day 20- Trek to Okthang(4,730m).
- Day 21- Explore glacier and trek back to Ramche.
- Day 22- Trek to Tortong(2,995m).
- Day 23- Trek to Yamphudin(2,090m).
- Day 24- Trek to Khebang(1,920m).
- Day 25- Trek to Sinam.
- Day 26- Lunch in Tharpu adrive to Phidim.
- Day 27- Drive to Bhadrapur by jeep.
- Day 28- Fly back to kathmandu.
- Day 29- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 30- Fly back home.
- Full board camping service for whole trekking period.
- Guide and camping staff.
- Cook and kitchen staff.
- Porters with best possible equipments.
- All staff and porters’ insurance.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All ground transportation as in the itinerary.
- Trekking permit.
- National park fee.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use only.
- Hotel reservation.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- First aid kit.
- For 04 pax Euro 2,450 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 2,350 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 2,250 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 2,150 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 2,050 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 1,950 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- All kind of beverages.
- Personal trekking gears.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Staff tips.