Duration: 21 Days
Grading:: BeginnerYou can be a beginner for this category of climbing but need to have adventurous trekking* experiences. Physical fitness is essential, as you will have to face the extremities of high altitude and unpredictable weather and should be well equipped.
Location: Eastern Nepal
Season: Spring and autumn
The Lobuche West (6,145m) has recently been opened by the Nepal Mountaineering Association to trekkers. Located in the Khumbu region, this mountain is connected to Lobuche East by a long, continuous ridge but it is still at a considerable distance from Lobuche East.
The trek to Lobuche West takes you through much of the same places that the trek to Lobuche East would, such as Namche, Tengboche, Dingboche, Gokyo and Machhermo. However, there are important differences in the two treks. Lobuche West is markedly tougher to scale than Lobuche East with sharp ridges and snow that require experienced climbers and technical tools. Lobuche West is therefore a special challenge with its difficult terrain and technical requirements.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedures and other preparations.
- Day 03- Fly to Lukla(2,840m) and trek to Phakding(2,640m).
- Day 04- Trek to Namche(3,440m).
- Day 05- Rest day and explore around Namche.
- Day 06- Trek to Tengboche(3,820m).
- Day 07- Trek to Dingboche(4,410m).
- Day 08- Rest day for acclimatization.
- Day 09- Trek to Labuche(4,910m).
- Day 10- Hike up to Kalapatthar(5,550m), back to Labuche.
- Day 11- Trek to Labuche peak base camp(4,960m).
- Day 12- Trek to high camp.
- Day 13 and 14- Summit Labuche west(6,145m).
- Day 15- Trek to Dragnag(4,700m) via Chola pass.
- Day 16- Explore Gokyo peak and trek to Machhermo(4,470m).
- Day 17- Trek to Namche.
- Day 18- Trek to Lukla.
- Day 19- Fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 20-Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 21- Fly back home.
- Best possible lodge service up to base camp.
- Camping service for climbing period.
- Guide with required climbing Sherpa.
- All staff and porters insurance.
- North face tent for camping period.
- Ropes with accessories.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- Staff and porters accommodation and wages from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Climbing permit+National park fee.
- Equipment cargo to and from Lukla.
- Satellite phone for emergency use.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use.
- Hotel reservation in Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- First aid kit.
- For 06 pax Euro 1700 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 1650 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 1600 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 1550 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 1500 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverages.
- Personal trekking and climbing Gear.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Staff tips.