Duration: 21 Days
Grading:: ModerateThis category of treks requires basic outdoor experience and a certain degree of physical aptitude. If you are physically fit and are the kind of person who enjoys the outdoors, age is not going to be an issue. The trek in this category entails an experienced camping crew who handle all logistical issues. All you have to do is enjoy the adventure and wilderness while the gritty details are worked out by our professional crew.
Altitude: Up to 5,238 m
Route: Juphal – chhyugar – Dho tarap – Numala pass – Bagala pass – Phoksundo – Sulighat – Juphal – Kathmandu.
Season: Spring and autumn
Departure Date: 16 July 2017
Picture yourself in the land of breathtakingly magnificent vistas, with people as warm and welcoming as the land is cold, sharp and almost unforgivably remote.The region is treacherously difficult to trek but all hard work is worth the beautiful crisp air, the exhilarating views and the gentle, humble culture you encounter in the region. Dolpo is a remote, trans-Himalayan district in northwestern Nepal, famous for the phoksundo lake, a serene, magnificent turquoise water body.
The villages in lower Dolpo are among the highest settlements on earth. Most of the inhabitants practice Bon Buddhism, an ancient religion whose roots lie in Animism and Buddhism. The landscape is dotted with sacred monasteries, thangka paintings and chortens; a trek here is a spectacular immersion to an exotic and unique society. The region is also home to the rare and unique herb yarshagunbu whose popularity has sky rocketed because of it’s supposedly numerous medicinal qualities.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02 – Stay in Kathmandu for official and other preparations.
- Day 03 – Fly to Nepalgunj, overnight at hotel.
- Day 04 – Fly to Juphal(2,475m), trek to Dunai(2,140m).
- Day 05 – Trek to Tarakot(2,537m).
- Day 06 – Trek to Chhyugar(3,441m).
- Day 07 – Trek to Ghyanggar(3,756m).
- Day 08 – Trek to Dho tarap(3,944m).
- Day 09 – Trek to Numala base camp(4,440m).
- Day 10 – Rest for acclimatization, explore around.
- Day 11 – Cross Numala pass(5,238m) and camp at Danigar(4,631m).
- Day 12 – Cross Bagala pass(5,214m) and camp at high camp of Bagala pass.
- Day 13 – Trek to Yak kharka(3,982m).
- Day 14 – Trek to Ringmo phoksundo(3,733m).
- Day 15 – Explore around phoksundo lake.
- Day 16 – Trek to Chhepka(2,838m).
- Day 17 – Trek to Sulighat.
- Day 18 -Trek to Juphal Airport.
- Day 19 – Juphal to Kathmandu flight via Nepalgunj.
- Day 20 – Stay in Kathmandu.
- Day 21 – Fly back home.
- Full board camping service for whole trekking period.
- Hotel in Nepalgunj with bed and breakfast.
- Guide and camping staff.
- Cook and kitchen staff.
- Porters with best possible equipments.
- All staff and porters insurance.
- Trekking permit and national park fees.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All ground transportation as in the itinerary.
- Transportation of staff and porters to Dolpo and back to Kathmandu.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use.
- All necessary official formalities.
- Hotel reservation in Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- For 02 pax Euro 2,590 per-person.
- For 04 pax Euro 2,350 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 2,290 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 2,250 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 2,200 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverages.
- Personal trekking gears.
- Staff tips.
- Helicopter rescue cost.