Activity: Mountaineering Expedition
Duration: 48 Days
Grading:: AdvancedExpeditions of this category require adequate previous mountaineering experiences, a high degree of technical climbing skills and excellent physical and mental conditions. You should be fully equipped and supported by experienced mountaineering expedition crew
Rank: 5th highest Mountain in the world (8,462m)
Location: Eastern Nepal
Season: Spring and Autumn
Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world at an elevation of 8,463m, located southeast of Mt. Everest. The Makalu Barun valley is a Himalayan Glacier valley that spreads at the base of the hulking black giant Makalu, where high waterfalls cascade into deep gorges, craggy rocks rise from lush green forests, and colorful flowers bloom beneath white snow peaks. Rare species of animals and plants flourish in diverse climates and habitats, relatively undisturbed by human kind.
Perhaps because Makalu is one of the most difficult eight thousand meters peak to climb, it has fewer mountaineers and trekkers than most other peaks. The trek to the base camp itself is more difficult than most, following a trail that begins from Tumlingtar, the deepest valley and biggest plain land near a hill in Nepal. All the effort exerted is rewarded with the exhilarating natural world that you are surrounded by: you travel through vibrant forests in the lower regions that are splashed with rhododendrons colored from blood crimson to immaculate white and the higher regions have imposing granite cliffs capped with snowy white glaciers and gushing waterfalls that take your breath away. But what really makes of for every ounce of pain you went through is when you reach the summit of this giant. On top of the lonely and isolated Makalu, when you can see the tall and proud Mt. Everest, the beautiful jagged Lhotse and the majestic Kanchenjunga range, you will be filled with a sense of real accomplishment and contentment.
- Day 01-Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedure and other preparation.
- Day 03-Fly to Tumlingtar(285m) and arrange porters.
- Day 04-Drive to Num(1851m).
- Day 05-Trek to Seduwa(1500m).
- Day 06-Trek to Tashi gaon(2100m).
- Day 07-Trek to(3760m).
- Day 08-Trek to Dobato(3700m).
- Day 09-Trek to Jark Kharka(4800m).
- Day 10-Trek to Hillary base camp(4800m).
- Day 11-Trek to Makalu base camp(4870m).
- Day 12 to Day 38- climbing period of Makalu.
- Day 39-clean up base camp.
- Day 40-Trek back to Yak kharka.
- Day 41-Trek to mumbuk.
- Day 42-Trek to Tashi gaon.
- Day 43-Trek to Num.
- Day 44-Drive to Tumlingtar.
- Day 45-Fly to Kathmandu to hotel.
- Day 46-Kathmandu (free day).
- Day 47-Kathmandu(extra day).
- Day 48- Fly back home.
- Full board service up to Base camp.
- One tent each member for Base camp.
- Experienced cook and required kitchen staff.
- Conservation fee.
- Expedition permit fee.
- Liaison officer.
- Satellite phone for emergency use only.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use only.
- Hotel reservation.
- 4 night hotel in Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Necessary porters with best possible equipment .
- Well come and fare well dinner in Kathmandu.
- All Necessary staffs insurance.
- Cargo clearance service.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- For 06 pax Euro 5450 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 5350 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 5250 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 5150 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 5050 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 5000 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 4900 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 4800 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 4700 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 4600 per-person.
- For each climbing Sherpa- Euro 1900( food,equipment,salary, medical and helicopter insurance).
- All kind of beverages.
- Personal climbing gears.
- All necessary food and equipment for above base camp.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Staff tips.