Activity: Peak climbing
Duration: 22 Days
Grading:: BeginnerYou can be a beginner for this category of climbing but need to have adventurous trekking* experiences. Physical fitness is essential, as you will have to face the extremities of high altitude and unpredictable weather and should be well equipped.
Rank: Highest trekking peak in Nepal (6,476m)
Season: Spring and autumn
Departure: 5th April 2017, 4th October 2017
Mera peak in the Khumbu region is one of the highest trekking peaks in Nepal with an elevation of 6476m. The view from the summit of this peak is one of the finest in the Himalaya with five 8000m peaks visible: Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho oyu, Makalu and Kanchenjunga along with other Himalayan peaks. Mera peak trek is a relatively easy trek, but problems can arise in acclimatizing to the high altitude. Our itinerary however has been designed in such a way that this issue has been removed to as far an extent as possible.
The trek leads through traditional Sherpa villages in the Solukhumbu region that can arguable called the heartland of the Sherpas. You will follow forest trails that are surrounded by blue pine, juniper, rhododendron, and other vegetation. Mera peak is the perfect peak to scale for first-time mountaineers.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedure and other preparations.
- Day 03- Kathmandu to Lukla by plane, camp at Surkey.
- Day 04- Trek to last village of Painya.
- Day 05- Trek to Pangkongma(2,900m).
- Day 06- Trek to Chatra buk(3,300m).
- Day 07- Trek to Thuli kharka(4,200m).
- Day 08- Trek to Thasing dingma(4,010m).
- Day 09- Trek to Thangnag(4,356m).
- Day 10- Rest for acclimatization.
- Day 11- Trek to Khare(5045m).
- Day 12- Rest for acclimatization.
- Day 13- Trek to Mera la(5,415m).
- Day 14- Trek to Mera peak high camp(5,780m).
- Day 15- summit Mera peak(6,461m).
- Day 16- Trek to Chamlang(4,800m) near Chamlang cho lake.
- Day 17- Trek to Amphulapcha base camp.
- Day 18- Trek to Amphulapcha high camp.
- Day 19- Cross Amphulapcha(5,845m).
- Day 20- Trek to Chukung(4,730m).
- Day 21- Trek to Deboche.
- Day 22- Trek to Monjo.
- Day 23- Trek to Lukla.
- Day 24- Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 25- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 26- Fly back home.
- Full board camping service for whole camping period.
- Guide, climbing Sherpa and camping staff.
- Cook and kitchen staffs.
- Porters with best possible equipments.
- All staff and porters insurance.
- Domestic flights as in the itinerary.
- Ground transportation as in the itinerary.
- Equipment cargo to and from Lukla.
- Accommodation and wages for staff walking back from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Climbing permits.
- National park fee.
- All necessary ropes and gears to fix rope.
- Satellite phone for emergency use.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use.
- Hotel reservation.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- For 06 pax Euro 1950 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 1900 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 1850 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 1800 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 1750 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverages.
- Personal trekking and climbing gear.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Staff tips.