Activity: Peak climbing
Grading:: BeginnerYou can be a beginner for this category of climbing but need to have adventurous trekking* experiences. Physical fitness is essential, as you will have to face the extremities of high altitude and unpredictable weather and should be well equipped.
Height: 6,476 m
Location: Eastern Nepal
Season: Spring and autumn
Departure date: 2nd April 2017, 4th October 2017
Mera peak in the Khumbu region is one of the highest trekking peaks in Nepal with an elevation of 6476m. The view from the summit of this peak is one of the finest in the Himalaya with five 8000m peaks visible: Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho oyu, Makalu and Kanchenjunga along with other Himalayan peaks. Mera peak trek is a relatively easy trek, but problems can arise in acclimatizing to the high altitude. Our itinerary however has been designed in such a way that this issue has been removed to as far an extent as possible.
The trek leads through traditional Sherpa villages in the Solukhumbu region that can arguable called the heartland of the Sherpas. You will follow forest trails that are surrounded by blue pine, juniper, rhododendron, and other vegetation. Mera peak is the perfect peak to scale for first-time mountaineers.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedures.
- Day 03- Fly to Lukla(2,840m), trek to Chhutanga(3,050m).
- Day 04- Trek to Kharka teng(3,530m).
- Day 05- Trek to Chhatrabuk(4,300m).
- Day 06- Trek to Mousam Kharka(3,691m).
- Day 07- Trek to Tagnag(4,356m).
- Day 08- Trek to Khare(5,045m).
- Day 09- Rest for acclimatization.
- Day 10- Trek to Mera la(5,415m).
- Day 11- Trek to high camp(5,740m).
- Day 12- Summit Mera peak(6,456m).
- Day 13- Back to Khare.
- Day 14- Trek to Mausam kharka.
- Day 15- Trek to Chhatrabuk.
- Day 16- Trek to Chhutanga.
- Day 17- Trek to Lukla.
- Day 18- Fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 19- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 20- Fly back home.
- Full board lodge service up to BC and camping service above BC.
- Experienced guide and required climbing Sherpa.
- Porters with best possible equipments.
- All staff and porters insurance.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All ground transportation as in the itinerary.
- Staff and porters accommodation and wages to and from Lukla.
- Equipments cargo to and from Lukla.
- Climbing permit.
- National park fee.
- Ropes and accessories to fix rope.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use.
- Hotel reservation.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- First aid kit.
- For 04 pax Euro 1650 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 1600 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 1550 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 1500 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 1450 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 1400 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverages.
- Personal trekking and climbing gear.
- Helicopter Rescue cost.
- Staff tips.