Activity: Mountaineering Expedition
Duration: 28 and 36 days
Grading:: MediumExpeditions of this category require a high level of physical and mental fitness, should have at least few peak climbing experiences with technical climbing skills and should be fully equipped and supported by an experienced climbing crew.
Location: Western Nepal
Season: Spring and autumn
Departure Date : 25th April 2018, 1st October 2018
Putha Hiunchuli is one of the most impressive peaks of the Dhaulagiri range and also known as Dhaulagiri vii. This peak has an elevation of 7,246 m and lies in the far west of Dhaulagiri range in Dolpo. Putha Hiunchuli offers many possible routes that can be explored. Climbing through the south face is technically challenging, while the north slopes via Dolpo is much easier to climb, all the way up to the summit. It takes less time to reach base camp through the southern slopes, but the ascent route is technically difficult.
For shorter time period
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedure and other preparation.
- Day 03- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by plane and over night hotel.
- Day 04- Nepalgunj to Juphal by plane, same day trek to Dunai.
- Day 05- Trek to Tarakot(2,537m).
- Day 06- Trek to Mushikhola.
- Day 07- Trek to Kakot gaun(3,210m).
- Day 08- Rest and reorganize local porters at Kakot village.
- Day 09- Trek to Khola kharka(4100m).
- Day 10- Trek to German base camp(4,200m).
- Day 11- Trek to base camp(4,800m).
- Day 12 to day 25- Climbing period of Putha huinchuli and back to base camp.
- Day 26- Trek to Kakot.
- Day 27- Trek to Laisicap.
- Day 28- Trek to Dunai.
- Day 29- Trek to Juphal.
- Day 30 and 31- Extra days in case of flight cancellation.
- Day 32- Juphal to Nepalgunj and same day to Kathmandu by plane.
- Day 33- Fly back home.
For flexible time period
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedure and other preparations.
- Day 03- Kathmandu to Pokhara, over night in stay in Pokhara.
- Day 04- Drive to Darbang.
- Day 05- Trek to Phale gaun.
- Day 06- Trek to Jaljala jungle(3,390m).
- Day 07- Trek to Dhorpatan(2,830m).
- Day 08- Trek to Takur(3,190m).
- Day 09- Trek to Pelma(2,400m).
- Day 10- Trek to Dhule(3,300m).
- Day 11- Trek to Sangkhola(4,000m).
- Day 12- Trek to Jangla phedi(4,050m).
- Day 13- Trek to Tarakot(2,500m).
- Day 14- Trek to Mushikhola.
- Day 15- Trek to Kakot gaun(3,210m).
- Day 16- Trek to Khola kharka(4,100m).
- Day 17- Trek to German base camp(4,200m).
- Day 18- Trek to base camp(4,800m).
- Day 19 to day 32- Climbing period and back to base camp.
- Day 33- Trek back to German base camp.
- Day 34- Trek to Kakot.
- Day 35- Trek to Laisicap.
- Day 36- Trek to Dunai.
- Day 37- Trek to Juphal.
- Day 38- Juphal to Nepalgunj and to Kathmandu by flight.
- Day 39 and 40- extra days in case of flight cancellation.
- Day 41- Fly back home.
- Full board camping service up to summit until back to Kathmandu.
- Guide, climbing Sherpa and camping staff.
- Cook and kitchen staff.
- All staff and porters insurance.
- Trekking and peak climbing permit.
- National park fees.
- Liaison officer.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All ground transportation as in the itinerary.
- Satellite phone for emergency use.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use.
- Hotel reservation in Kathmandu
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- Cargo clearance services.
- For 06 pax Euro 4375 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 4300 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 4200 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 4100 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 4000 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 4175 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 4100 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 4000 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 3900 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 3800 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kinds of beverages.
- Staffs tips.
- Personal trekking and climbing gear.
- Helicopter rescue cost