Activity: Peak climbing
Duration: 31 Days
Grading:: BeginnerYou can be a beginner for this category of climbing but need to have adventurous trekking* experiences. Physical fitness is essential, as you will have to face the extremities of high altitude and unpredictable weather and should be well equipped.
Location: Western Nepal
Season: Spring and autumn
Mount Saribung is located close to the Tibetan border in a remote region of the Mustang district in the western part of Nepal. Technically, this peak is not very hard to climb but it is considered challenging due to its remoteness and variation in altitudes. This peak was introduced for climbing only in 2006 and is ideal for those who are more adventurous and want to get off the normal route.
The trek starts from Jomsom, which is an approximately 24 minutes flight from Pokhara. The trek goes up to the upper Mustang and then to the base camp of mount Saribung.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedure and other preparations.
- Day 03-Kathmandu to Pokhara by flight.
- Day 04-Pokhara to Jomsom by flight and trek to Kagbeni(2,810m).
- Day 05-Trek to Chele(3,050m) , Entry Mustang.
- Day 06-Trek to Geling(3,570m).
- Day 07-Trek to charang(3,560m).
- Day 08-Trek to Lo Manthang(3,810m).
- Day 09-Explore Lo Manthang.
- Day 10-Trek to Dhi (3,360m).
- Day 11-Trek to Luri gompa.
- Day 12-Trek to Ghuma Thanti.
- Day 13-Trek to bacha Khola.
- Day 14- Trek to Damodar kunda(4,890m)
- Day 15-Trek to Japanese base camp(4,950m).
- Day 16-Rest for acclimatization.
- Day 17-Climb up to camp 1(5,730m).
- Day 18- Summit to Saribung peak(6,346m), camp at Saribung pass.
- Day 19-Trek to Nagoru kharka.
- Day 20-Trek to Phu gaon or further down to Kyang.
- Day 21-Trek to Naar.
- Day 22-Trek to Kangla Phedi.
- Day 23- Trek to Ngawal over Kangla pass.
- Day 24- Trek to Manang.
- Day 25- Trek to Tilicho base camp.
- Day 26- Trek to south side of Tilicho lake.
- Day 27- Trek to north side of Tilicho lake.
- Day 28- Trek to Jomsom.
- Day 29- Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 30- Free day in Kathmandu.
- Day 31- Fly back home.
- Full board camping service for whole trekking period.
- Experienced climbing guide and camping staff.
- Experienced cook and kitchen staff.
- All staff and porters insurance.
- Restricted area trekking permit.
- Climbing permit.
- ACAP fee.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All ground transportation.
- Staff and porters accomodation and wages from Jomsom to Kathmandu.
- Required ropes with accessaries to fix rope.
- Satellite phone for emergency use.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use.
- Hotel reservation.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- Cargo clearance service.
- First aid kit.
- For 04 pax Euro 3300 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 3200 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 3100 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 3000 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 2900 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 2800 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kinds of beverages.
- Personal trekking gears.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Staff tips.