West Upper Dolpo
Duration: 30 Days
Grading:: AdventurousThis category of trekking requires strong physique, lot of outdoor experience and a taste for extreme adventures. You have to be physically and psychologically prepared to survive in an extreme environment under pressure. All the trips are high pass treks of over 5000 meters and peak climbs over 6000 meters. We will do our utmost to ensure that you will progress through challenging conditions without any physical or mental stress.
Altitude: Up to 5,563 m
Route: Jumla – Kabrala phedi – Shilen chaur – Pho – Shey gompa – Phoksundo lake – Juphal
Season: Spring and autumn
Departure Date: 18th May 2017, 1st September 2017
Dolpa is a remote, trans-Himalayan district in northwestern Nepal. The district is famous for the Phoksundo Lake, a serene, magnificent turquoise water body. Many beautiful glaciers can be found near and above the lake area. The region is also home for the rare and unique herb Yarcha gunbu whose popularity has sky rocketed because of the supposedly numerous medicinal qualities it possess.
The trek to West Upper Dolpo is one of the most adventurous treks available, including five difficult high passes all of which are around 5000m in altitude. This trek requires a high level of physical and mental agility. Those who intend to attempt this trek must be prepared to face strenuous and extreme environment.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for offial procedures.
- Day 03- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by flight, over night hotel.
- Day 04- Nepalgunj to Jumla by flight, trek to Dilli chaur (2,900m).
- Day 05- Trek to Mahari gaun(3,500m).
- Day 06- Trek to below Jugile daha (4,350m) and explore 6 lakes.
- Day 07- Trek to Khare khola (4,660m).
- Day 08- Trek to Dyaugri batase daha (4,850m).
- Day 09- Trek to Kabra la phedi (4,450m) 0ver Malung pass.
- Day 10- Trek to Dolphu (3,310m).
- Day 11- Trek to Tiyar(2,418m).
- Day 12- Trek to Shilen chaur(2,945m).
- Day 13- Trek to Thaju chaur(4,050m).
- Day 14- Trek to Takla khola (3,785m) over Chyargo la (5,150m).
- Day 15- Trek to Chyandi khole (4,830m).
- Day 16- Trek to Pung kharka (4,650m) over Yala la (5,414m).
- Day 17- Trek to Pho (4,087m) over Nyngma Gyanzen la (5,563m).
- Day 18- Rest day at 4087m.
- Day 19- Trek to Bhijer (3,850m) over Yambur la (4,813m).
- Day 20- Trek to Shey gompa (4,350m).
- Day 21- Rest day at Shey gompa.
- Day 22- Trek to gyampo karo khola (4,800m).
- Day 23- Trek to Forest camp (3,700m).
- Day 24- Trek to Ringmo Phoksundo lake (3,600m).
- Day 25- Trek to Chepka(2,720m).
- Day 26- Trek to Juphal(2,475m).
- Day 27- Fly to Nepalgunj and same day fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 28- Extra day for high passes.
- Day 29- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 30- Fly back home.
- Full board camping service for whole trekking period.
- Guide and camping staffs.
- Cook and kitchen staffs.
- Porters with best possible equipments.
- All staff and porters’ insurance.
- Restricted area trekking permit.
- National park fee.
- Round trip flight as in itinerary.
- Hotel in Nepalgunj.
- Staffs, porters and equipments transportation to Jumla and from Dolpa.
- Satellite phone for emergency use.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use.
- Hotel reservation.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- For 04 pax 3,300 per-person.
- For 06 pax 3,200 per-person.
- For 08 pax 3,100 per-person.
- For 10 pax 3,000 per-person.
- For 12 pax 2,900 per-person.
- For 14 pax 2,800 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverages.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Personal trekking gear.
- Staffs tips.