Activity: Trekking Camp
Duration: 22 Days
Grading: AdventurousThis category of trekking requires strong physique, lot of outdoor experience and a taste for extreme adventures. You have to be physically and psychologically prepared to survive in an extreme environment under pressure. All the trips are high pass treks of over 5000 meters and peak climbs over 6000 meters. We will do our utmost to ensure that you will progress through challenging conditions without any physical or mental stress.
Altitude: Up to 6,000m
Route: Darbang-Nauraveer-Italian BC-Dhaulagiri BC-Dhampus Peak-Marpha-Jomsom
Season: Spring and autumn
Departure date: 15th April 2018, 4th October 2018
The Dhaulagiri round trek is a relatively difficult trek that require a certain degree of experience at high altitude climbing. Dhaulagiri I, which lies north-west to Pokhara and south of Tibet, is the seventh highest mountain peak in the world at an elevation of 8,167m. Dhaulagiri I and Annapurna (8091m) form the deepest gorge in the world in between them in the Kali Gandaki River. The trek also crosses the French pass (5240m).
The trail will present spectacular views of Dhaulagiri, Thorong peak, Annapurna and Kali Gandaki River gorge. If you are lucky, you will encounter semi-wild yak herds and mountain sheep along the trail. The trail also goes to villages of Nepal’s various ethnic communities such as Gurungs, Chhetris and Magars whose rich and vibrant cultures will enamour you.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedure and other preparations.
- Day 03- Kathmandu to Pokhara by plane.
- Day 04- Drive to Darbang.
- Day 05- Trek to Kaleni(1,190m).
- Day 06- Trek to Naura bhir.
- Day 07- Trek to Lapche kharka(2,310m).
- Day 08- Trek to Choriban(3,110m).
- Day 09- Trek to Italian base camp.
- Day 10- Rest day for acclimatization.
- Day 11- Trek to Japanese base camp.
- Day 12- Trek to Dhaulagiri base camp(4,740m).
- Day 13- Trek to elevation camp (4,930m) via French pass(5,258m).
- Day 14 and 15- Attempt Dhampus peak(6,035m).
- Day 16- Trek to Yak kharka(3,680m).
- Day 17- Trek to Marpha.
- Day 18- Trek to Jomsom.
- Day 19- Drive to Pokhara.
- Day 20- Pokhara to Kathmandu by plane.
- Day 21- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 22- Fly back home.
- Full board camping service for whole trekking period.
- Required ropes with accessories to fix rope.
- Guide, required climbing Sherpa and camping staff.
- Cook and kitchen staff.
- Required porters.
- All staff and porters insurance.
- Trekking and climbing permit.
- National park fee.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All ground transportation as in the itinerary.
- Satellite phone for emergency.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use.
- Hotel reservation.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- First aid kit
- For 04 pax Euro 1,800 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 1,700 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 1,600 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 1,500 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 1,400 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 1,300 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverages.
- Personal trekking and climbing gears.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Staff tips.