Activity: Peak climbing
Duration: 20 Days
Grading:: BeginnerYou can be a beginner for this category of climbing but need to have adventurous trekking* experiences. Physical fitness is essential, as you will have to face the extremities of high altitude and unpredictable weather and should be well equipped.
Location: Eastern Nepal
Season: Spring and autumn
Imja Tse, more famously known as the Island Peak, is a 6,160m high trekking peak located at the Khumbu region in eastern Nepal. This peak got its name on 1951 when an expedition party viewed the peak as an island in a sea of ice from Dingboche. The peak is actually an extension of the ridge coming down off the south end of Lhotse Shar.
Island peak is one of the most popular trekking peaks in Nepal because of its difficulty and accessibility. The sight of the magnificent Nuptse, Lhotse, Lhotse Middle and Lhotse Shar forming a semi-circle in the north greets you in the summit of this peak. This peak has lured many first time climbers into becoming regular climbers once they discovered their taste for adventure in ice here in the Island peak.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedures.
- Day 03- Fly to Lukla(2,840m), trek to Phakding.
- Day 04- Trek to Namche bazar(3,440m).
- Day 05- Explore around Namche.
- Day 06- Trek to Tyangboche(3,860m).
- Day 07- Trek to Dingboche(4,410m).
- Day 08- Rest day.
- Day 09- Trek to Labuche(4,910m).
- Day 10- Climb Kalapatthar(5,500m) and back to Labuche.
- Day 11- Trek to Chhukung(4,730m).
- Day 12- Trek to Island peak base camp.
- Day 13- Trek to high camp(5,181m).
- Day 14- Summit Island peak(6,190m) and back to base camp.
- Day 15- Trek to Pangboche(4,252m).
- Day 16- Trek to Namche.
- Day 17- Trek to Lukla.
- Day 18- Fly to Kathmandu.
- Day 19- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 20- Fly back home.
- Full board lodge service and camping service at BC.
- Experienced guide, climbing Sherpa and camping staff.
- Experienced cook and kitchen staff.
- Porters with best possible equipments.
- All staff and porters insurance.
- Climbing permit.
- National park fee.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All ground transportation.
- Staff and porters accomodation and wages to and from Lukla.
- Equipments cargo to Lukla.
- Hotel reservation in Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- First aid kit.
- For 04 pax Euro 1700 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 1650 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 1600 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 1550 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 1500 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 1450 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverages.
- Personal trekking and climbing gears.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Staff tips.