East Upper Dolpo
Activity: Trekking Camp
Duration: 29 Days
Grading: AdventurousThis category of trekking requires strong physique, lot of outdoor experience and a taste for extreme adventures. You have to be physically and psychologically prepared to survive in an extreme environment under pressure. All the trips are high pass treks of over 5000 meters and peak climbs over 6000 meters. We will do our utmost to ensure that you will progress through challenging conditions without any physical or mental stress.
Altitude: Up to 5,400m
Route: Juphal – Phoksundo – Kangla Pass – Gajyan Khola – Newarla – Jomsom
Season: Spring and autumn
Departure Date: 1st June/5th September 2015
Dolpa is a remote, trans-Himalayan district in northwestern Nepal. The district is famous for the Phoksundo Lake, a serene, magnificient turqouise water body. Many beautiful glaciers can be found near and above the lake area. The northern regions have some rhododendron and caragana shrubs, while Salix, Juniper, white Himalayan birch and silver fir dominate the high meadows of the Himalayas. The region provides an important habitat for animals such as the snow leopard, grey wolf, musk deer, blue sheep, ghoral, great Tibetan sheep, Himalayan tahr, leopard, jackal, and Himalayan black bear. The region is home to over 200 species of bird which include yellow-throat marten, Tibetan partridge, wood snip, white-throat tit, wood accentor and crimson-eared rose-finch.
The villages in Dolpa are among the highest settlements on Earth. Most of the inhabitants practice Bon Buddhism, an ancient religion whose roots lie in Animism and Buddhism. The landscape is doted with sacred monasteries, thangka paintings, and chortens.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official and other preparations.
- Day 03-Fly to Nepalgunj overnight stay in hotel.
- Day 04- Fly to Juphal(2,475m).
- Day 05- Trek to Sulighat(2,282m).
- Day 06- Trek to Chhepka(2,838m).
- Day 07- Trek to Polam(3,397m).
- Day 08- Trek to Ringmo Phoksundo lake(3,733m).
- Day 09- Trek to forest camp(3,990m).
- Day 10- Trek to Lar tsa(4,120m).
- Day 11- Rest and acclimatize.
- Day 12- Trek to She gompa(4,160m) over Kangla pass(5,360m).
- Day 13- Trek to Namjung(4,430m).
- Day 14- Trek to Saldang(3,770m).
- Day 15- Trek to Khoma gaun(4,060m).
- Day 16- Trek to Shimen(3,870m).
- Day 17- Trek to Tinje gaun(4,150m).
- Day 18- Trek Gajyan khola(4,816m).
- Day 19- Trek Chharka bot94,110m).
- Day 20- Trek to Norbulung(4,750m).
- Day 21- Rest day.
- Day 22- Trek to Yak kharka or Molum sumna(4,860m).
- Day 23- Trek to Sangda phedi(4,190m) over Newarla pass(5,120m).
- Day 24- Trek to Sangda(3,710m).
- Day 25- Trek to Phalyak(3,175m).
- Day 26- Trek to Jomsom.
- Day 27- Fly to Pokhara, fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 28- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 29- Fly back home.
- Full board camping service for whole trekking period.
- Guide and camping staff.
- Cook and kitchen staff.
- Porters with best possible equipments.
- All staff and porters’ insurance.
- Restricted area trekking permit.
- National park fee.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All ground transportation as in the itinerary.
- Staff and porters wages and accommodation from Jomsom to Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Nepalgunj with bed and breakfast.
- Satellite phone for emergency use.
- Oxygen cylinder with mask and regulator for emergency use only.
- Hotel reservation.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- First aid kit.
- For 04 pax Euro 3,100 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 3,000 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 2,900 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 2,800 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 2,700 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 2,600 per-person.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- All kind of beverages
- Personal trekking Gears.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Staff tips.