Activity: Trekking Camp
Duration: 14 days
Grading: ModerateThis category of trekking requires basic outdoor experience and a certain degree of physical aptitude. If you are physically fit and are the kind of person who enjoys the outdoors, age is not going to be an issue. The trek in this category entails an experienced camping crew who handle all logistical issues. All you have to do is enjoy the adventure and wilderness while the gritty details are worked out by our professional crew.
Altitude: Up to 4,000m
Route: Jomsom – Charang – Lomangthang – Ghami – Kagbeni -J omsom
Season: Spring and autumn
The once forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, tucked away from the rest of the world, lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang is a land said to be ‘barren as a dead deer’ where beauty and happiness abound in spite of hardship. It was a part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830 and maintained its status as a separate entity until 1951 after which it became part of Nepal. The walled city of Lo Monthang, the unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within the region. The early history of Lo Monthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than recorded fact. The king of Lo Monthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal Army.
Mustang was officially opened for tourists in 1992. The government allows limited number of trekkers each year in order to conserve the local Tibetan tradition and the fragile environment. A trek into this fabled forbidden kingdom of vast, arid valleys, eroded canyons, yak caravans, colorful mud brick houses on the backdrop of majestic mountains of Nilgiri, Tukche, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri is a very special journey indeed.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Day 02- Stay in Kathmandu for official procedures and other preparations.
- Day 03- Fly to Pokhara.
- Day 04-Fly to jomsom,trek to Kagbeni(2,810m).
- Day 05- Trek to Chele(3,050m).
- Day 06- Trek to Geling(3,570m).
- Day 07- Trek to Charang(3,560m).
- Day 08- Trek to Lo Manthang(3,810m).
- Day 09 and 10- Rest day to explore around Lo Manthang.
- Day 11- Trek to Ghar gumba(3,950m).
- Day 12- Trek to Ghami(3,520m).
- Day 13- Trek to Samar(3,660m).
- Day 14- Trek to Kagbeni.
- Day 15- Trek to Jomsom.
- Day 16- To Pokhara and Kathmandu by flight.
- Day 17- Extra day in Kathmandu.
- Day 18- Fly back home.
- Full board camping service for whole trekking period.
- Guide and camping staff.
- Cook and kitchen staff.
- Porters with best possible equipments.
- All staff and porters insurance.
- Trekking permit.
- National park fee.
- Domestic flight as in the itinerary.
- All ground transportation as in the itinerary.
- Hotel reservation.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Helicopter rescue service.
- First aid kit.
- For 04 pax Euro 1,875 per-person.
- For 06 pax Euro 1,850 per-person.
- For 08 pax Euro 1,800 per-person.
- For 10 pax Euro 1,750 per-person.
- For 12 pax Euro 1,700 per-person.
- For 14 pax Euro 1,650 per-person.
- Hard and soft drinks.
- Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Personal trekking gears.
- Helicopter rescue cost.
- Staff tips.